Pomélo + Co. (www.pomelo-co.com) is a fast-growing hair-care brand based in New York City, driven by a cutting edge marketing platform which reaches millions of customers every month, and a commitment to a healthy, wholesome and innovative hair-care products. We exist to make beauty simple!
We are looking for a results-oriented and enthusiastic Product Development Lead in our New York City office.
· Love hair care and hair care products
· Are excited by the opportunity of creating a full line of hair care products
· Follow new trends and ingredients in the hair care and beauty space
· Have an interest in beauty, fashion and travel
· Lead hair care product development for Pomélo + Co.
· Innovate around natural hair care products
· Conduct market research to understand customer needs and current/future trends
· Translate market and customer feedback into technical and strategic concepts
· Work closely with our labs and production partners to develop new products
· Collaborate closely with Marketing & Operations to ensure key milestones are met for flawless launch execution
· Work with Operations on an ongoing basis to manage external partners and ensure highest product quality
· Support management team in further developing the brand Pomélo + Co.
· Ensure supply chain of raw materials meets our standards
· Ensure Pomélo + Co. complies with industry standards and regulations in different international jurisdictions
· Maintain a strong understanding of the global cosmetics business and strive to develop and advance product categories
· 3+ years of professional experience in the hair care or beauty industry
· Desire to build a superior portfolio of hair care products
· An understanding of common and innovative beauty and hair care ingredients
· Laboratory experience, ideally with a large hair care, cosmetics or beauty producer a big plus
· Experience working with external labs and producers
· Tolerance for ambiguity and targets that evolve based on market feedback
· Willingness to move fast and adapt
· Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
· Master’s degree preferred
· International experience and command of multiple languages a plus
Apply to Moran Barkochva via firstname.lastname@example.org
Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Reports to: Technical Marketing Manager
Barnet Products is a Sales and Marketing Company, located in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. We supply specialty
chemical ingredients and selected commodity products to cosmetic, personal care and pharmaceutical companies (consumer products divisions). We were established in 1987 with a commitment to finding, developing, and presenting new concepts, ingredients and systems to our customers.
To work with the Technical Marketing Manager and Barnet Team to support the comprehensive marketing
program to achieve the company's sales goals based on the responsibilities listed below for the marketing of the company’s’ products and for improving communications between the company and its customers. To be hands on with regards to creation and implementation.
1. To work diligently within the marketing program and a communications program that is useful to the Sales Department.
2. To explore ways to improve marketing and communications based on changes in the marketplace, new
technologies that are available, and changes in the characteristics and interests of our targeted customers.
3. Recognize that technical accuracy, creativity, and speed to market are fundamental to this position.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
 Gain and maintain a working knowledge of the Company's products, customers, and goals.
 Marketing Tools
a. Creatively develop copy for Sales Tools for all raw materials and concepts such as; KISS sheets, PowerPoints, formula sheets, formula cards, concept presentations, concepts posters, and concept pages.
b. Update and improve existing marketing materials.
c. Execute projects while conferring with the Technical Marketing Manager and other key executives during the development process. Obtain their approval of the tools developed.
d. Passionately explore and prepare new concepts for additional marketing tools.
 Barnet Media
Website and App
a. Maintain and update customer website and sales team iPad application.
b. Implement content improvements.
c. Actively consider improvements, propose often.
a. Create, in conjunction with the Marketing Designer, a eNewsletter campaign
b. Execute strategy throughout the year, adjust as necessary
 Corporate Branding
a. Creatively maintain consistent corporate branding
b. Develop and source corporate premiums in coordination with Technical Marketing Manager
a. Support events with unique marketing initiatives, paraphernalia in conjunction with the Marketing Designer
b. Provide support for all corporate trade shows in conjunction with Technical Marketing Manager
c. Provide necessary support for out of town industry sponsorship's (develop and ship premiums, posters etc.)
 With regards to Marketing and Communications
a. Work with outside vendors and consultants as needed (premiums, web developer)
b. Attend Trade Shows, as approved.
 Work within an annual marketing calendar and budget to support the agreed upon goals of this Position .
a. Be conscious of budget and submit to Technical Marketing Manager Requests for additions to the budget.
- BA in Marketing and/or Technical related field. Experience in the Cosmetic/Personal Care Industry required.
- 2 + years marketing or technical experience
- Knowledge of the chemical or cosmetics industry
- Able to work independently and a self-starter
- Creative ability to think outside the box
- Detail oriented, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Keen organization skills regarding time, costs, deadlines and quality of product
- Team player, must work well with others
Cosmetic Ingredient Review
This position is responsible for providing overall toxicology expertise in the Cosmetic Ingredient Review (CIR), supporting the development and implementation of a coordinated approach to the safety assessment of cosmetic ingredients that 1) maximizes the number of ingredients in each report and 2) bolsters the overall weight of evidence with regard to safety conclusions on cosmetic ingredients. Such approaches may include, but are not limited to, the use of structure/activity relationships (SAR) and consideration of chemical groups with similar toxicological properties (e.g., read across approaches) or relevant calculations (e.g., threshold of toxicological concern evaluations, quantitative risk assessments, margin of safety, etc.).In addition to supporting the implementation of this coordinated approach, the position is responsible for spearheading the use of computational, or in silico, tools for review by the CIR Expert Panel and future integration into safety assessments. Beginning with the implementation of currently available computational programs (e.g., OECD QSAR Toolbox), and building the CIR Expert Panel’s confidence in the use of such tools, the incumbent will also lead efforts conducted by technical vendors to further develop a CIR Chemistry and Toxicology Database & Workflows.
Reasonable Accommodations StatementTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
Provides toxicology expertise within CIR.
Develops strategies to implement the use of SAR, read across approaches, and aggregate approaches, with emphasis on biological activity, for the safety assessment of cosmetic ingredients. These approaches should not only maximize the number of ingredients in reports developed by CIR staff, but bolster the overall weight of evidence of such safety profiles.
Undertakes the development of cosmetic ingredient safety assessments of high profile concern. Reviews abstracts, selects which full versions of relevant studies to retrieve, and writes comprehensive, accurate, clear, and concise summaries of the collected literature. As available, analyzes and incorporates clear and concise summaries of unpublished data received. Follows all duties of scientific writers comprising the development of safety assessments (e.g., ensuring that toxicological summaries include all relevant points and accurately reflect the studies therein).
Attends Expert Panel meetings and engages in the review for all assessments. Although CIR writers are expected to be knowledgeable about their reports and able to interact with the Panel to identify data gaps, to respond to questions regarding available or needed data, and assist the Panel in developing languages to express ideas under discussion, the incumbent toxicologist defends the scientific content of all CIR reports at those meetings, when needed. The incumbent also ensures that CIR staff are well prepared in advance of CIR Expert Panel meetings.
Revises and edits reports prepared by scientific writers in a timely way, before and after each meeting, ensuring that the specific, technical opinions of the CIR Expert Panel members are accurately reflected in those revisions and edits.
Represents CIR at professional meetings, and documents such meetings and other contacts.
Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Communication, Written - Strong writing and presentation skills, with the ability to analyze and condense complex information.
Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education : A PhD in toxicology or related discipline,
Experience : Four to ten years related
Computer Skills: MS Office & computational programs (e.g., OECD QSAR Toolbox)
Certificates & Licenses: DA BT certification or DABT eligible
Other Requirements Experience in implementation of SAR, read-across, or similar toxicological approaches and computational toxicological tools and methodologies.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Work is performed in a non-smoking office setting, with occasional travel.
Email resumes should be sent to email@example.com